My QT tank due to ICK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. NO3 a little high but i read about the phycology about fish QT and how the stress of them "seeing" to many people pass by.

So i created this!!

image-2558945878.jpg

The guy actually painted the bottom of his tank so the fish wouldn't see the reflection.

Makes me a little nervous because i don't know how paint reacts in salt water.

NyteGTI said:
Are you sure he didn't paint the underside of the tank vs inside the tank?

You know i re read it. He never did specify.

Im literally doing everything he said. I feel like a run down nurse. But they look great and the "General" (scooter blenny) is finally munching on alge wafers.

more than likely he painted the bottom of the tank vs painting inside.. Also, I LOVE scooter Blennies so +1 to you :)

I used an aquarium background on mine and blocked off 3 sides. Also, they don't need the light

Ok i dosed the last two weeks with copper. This am the gamma had a few places on her fin. Im just not sure this is ick or shes carelessly running into things and its injury.

So question. No carbon is in the tank the proper dose of copper is in. In 48 hours i repeat the dose. How do i perform a water change during the next 14 days without ruining the percentage of copper on the tank?!

EriksFish315 said:
You would do the water change and replace the copper with the correct dosage.

Ok got it so if i remove 4 gallons put 4 back with proper drops per gallon? :)

don_chuwish said:
Wait, weren't you doing hypo salinity? You don't do both copper and hypo together.

- D

Yes but it isnt working because the spots are on the gamma again.

The salinity is slowly being bumped back up before the next copper dose so it will be at normal sg and salinity.

Im mot really convinced now that its im gonna take her in and have my biologist check her out

My gamma and strawberry did not make it withhypo next time I'm going the copper route to let me know how that works for u

copper with hypo is a recipe for disaster ...
How long have you been in full hypo(1.009)..?
It takes time for the ich to go through all the stages ..just because you see spots again doesn't mean its not working..The opposite actually ...The ich is coming out faster because of hypo..I never used copper ,but it seems more involved IMO,,you'll need copper tests ..Personally i'd stick with hypo

FTMMWS said:
copper with hypo is a recipe for disaster ...
How long have you been in full hypo(1.009)..?
It takes time for the ich to go through all the stages ..just because you see spots again doesn't mean its not working..The opposite actually ...The ich is coming out faster because of hypo..I never used copper ,but it seems more involved IMO,,you'll need copper tests ..Personally i'd stick with hypo

The tank was hypo at 1.009 to 1.010 for about two weeks. The salinity has to slowly creep up or itll hurt them.

Im doing it right its just a very slow process

1.010 is too high..it must remain at .009 or lower ..I always set mine to .008 to leave a little wiggle room..
2 weeks is only halfway there...If you decide on copper you will need to slowly (.001 a day)raise the salinity then treat..You'll also need copper test kits ..

Back
Top Bottom