Need help now! Wrasse missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Epuerto

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My wrasse still is no where to be seen and my shrimp is by him and there is this WEB thing growing on the back rock were he was last seen is HE DEAD!!

The web thing could be his sleeping cocoon. Lots of wrasses blow a web like cocoon when they bed down for the night. It keeps rock dwelling critters from smelling or detecting them since that's where they sleep. The cocoon blows away every day. Since you see a fresh cocoon, I'd say its a good sign. Some wrasses love to hide and aren't seen that much.

What kinda food are you feeding? Maybe he can be coaxed out into the open.

ok before i got that messge i moved my rockwork and he came out ! my shrimp was made tho i had no idea what that was, i got the wrasse yesterday and he hasnt really eaten anything,

Can you get some live brine? If so, get a small amount. For new fish like that, especially wrasses, they'll usually start eating when enticed with it. I like to get live brine, net them all out and put in your own SW. Only use a small amount of water since I like to add a generous amount of garlic guard and zoe (vitamin) to their swimming pool maybe a hour before I feed.

The shrimp by itself has no nutritional value, but either gut loaded or not, it will likely trigger a feeding response from your wrasse. You'll also need and airstone in the live shrimp bucket to keep'm alive for more than a few hours. They'll live for days with oxygen. After that, frozen mysis or brine, FW rinsed, with garlic and zoe can be used. But, don't forget the veggie matter too for others in your tank.

Thanks for the help i was thinking about putting copepods in my tank would that be a good idea they would eat the left overs fast and they could hide in my rocks wich has 1000s of nooks and crannys

Back
Top Bottom