Neon Blue Goby not Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrg02d

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,
I recently got a neon blue goby from the LFS. I put him into QT and found what looks to be ich, so I put him into my hospital tank and started Quick Cure (malachite green and Formalin).

The the first day, he acted dead. Every day since then, he is active. He comes out of hiding when I come to look at him and he swims around and sticks to the glass close to me. His ich looks to be getting better (still white spots on him, but less). He SEEMS fine, but hes not eating. :-(

I havent seen him eat a bit for three days. Ive offered him both Formula 1 pellets and garlic soaked frozen (thawed and rinsed) mysis. He looks at them food and then swims away.

I guess he may eat something when I am not looking, but I havent seen him eat. My experience tells me that fish that dont eat, wind up dead. :(
Is this okay? Should I be worried? Hes pretty active, but no eating...Seems to be curious, but thats it.

EDIT: I read that neon blue gobys tend to eat alot of micro critters on/in the live rock. The tank hes going into (2.5g) is full of copepods right now. The only other creatures beside coral in the tank is a snail and a hermit crab. Would it be better to put him in now so he could/might eat the pods? I realize his ich shouldnt be cured yet, but might it be weakend by this formalin? What would the pros do at this point?

thanks,
Matt

Back
Top Bottom