new bi color angel has ich!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey david I would qt all infected fish and leave your main tank without fish for 6 to 8 weeks to kill off the ich. i would use cupramine to cure the ich it works great and is not as hard on the fish as regular copper. No tank will have ich in it if you qt all your fish when you buy them. Also if moving fish stressed them and killed them then every fish you take from the fish store to your tank I guess would all die then because then their moved twice. Good luck keep us posted

tonedogz said:
Hey david I would qt all infected fish and leave your main tank without fish for 6 to 8 weeks to kill off the ich. i would use cupramine to cure the ich it works great and is not as hard on the fish as regular copper. No tank will have ich in it if you qt all your fish when you buy them. Also if moving fish stressed them and killed them then every fish you take from the fish store to your tank I guess would all die then because then their moved twice. Good luck keep us posted

If your going to QT, you cant just qt the fish. You have to qt EVERYTHING

Ok so qt everything. But you can't qt everything now since there might be inverts and you couldn't use copper on them so thats why he should leave the tank fishless for 6 to 8 weeks with the inverts left in the main tank.

tonedogz said:

Wow. Once again people are not allowed to have their own experiences and opinions. It's people like you that make me seriously think about leaving AA

And FYI- most decent stores won't release fish just recently acclimated into their tanks because it is too stressful to reacclimate fish too soon.

Since this is my thread, I will again say my fish have been cured using kordon ich attack and garlic extreme. I lost nothing including inverts. I will use them again.

darkprincess said:
Since this is my thread, I will again say my fish have been cured using kordon ich attack and garlic extreme. I lost nothing including inverts. I will use them again.

I agree I did the same as you all my fish and inverts are fine! :)

thanks all for your advice and I just now got the lionto take a minnow i know not he best of food but at least its something at this point. my thing now is i do want to rid the tank o ich cause no matter what i do before i introduce the fish to the tank it will end up with ich in the end.. i would like to let the tank go with no fish and just inverts so if i move fish to a tank and none of the fish show signs does that mean they dont have it and it wont transfer?

Wow. Once again people are not allowed to have their own experiences and opinions. It's people like you that make me seriously think about leaving AA

And FYI- most decent stores won't release fish just recently acclimated into their tanks because it is too stressful to reacclimate fish too soon.
First off I don't think I stated anything about you or your opinion. Secondly from your posts its seem that you and I are saying some of the same things.I don't think I critizied you, if you got that impression I apologize

Congrats on the success, I accomplished the same, but I used herbtana instead of kordon! Awesome the fish did great! Congrats. Thats the key if you're not gonna QT all your fish for the proper time and treatment. I've seen TONS more success stories leaving the fish in than I have from pulling them! Ich is brought on by stress, moving fish increases stress, increasing stress in a diseased fish equals death often. Its that easy!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I do agree that proper QT ing is the best concept, but ya have to QT EVERYTHING before entering your tank, inverts, fish, corals, algae etc. And I think that thats just not gonna happen, as evidenced by the 1000 posts a day on forums about ich. So I think its best to recommend multiple methods to attack the pesky bugger instead of being dead set on 1 method.

OP Congralations again! Job well done, enjoy your living fishy's!:ROFLMAO:

thanks all for your advice and I just now got the lionto take a minnow i know not he best of food but at least its something at this point. my thing now is i do want to rid the tank o ich cause no matter what i do before i introduce the fish to the tank it will end up with ich in the end.. i would like to let the tank go with no fish and just inverts so if i move fish to a tank and none of the fish show signs does that mean they dont have it and it wont transfer?

IMO, I think it be better for ya to start your own thread, each case is different, and this distracts from the OP's thread and her help!:)

Back
Top Bottom