new corals not opening up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got some new corals from Ebay on Wednesday....the mushrooms are doing fine, the zoas are starting to open up, but the GSPs and the clove polyps haven't done anything yet. How long should I wait before I get worried?

30g tank
4x39w T5
Bak Pak skimmer
~ 40-45 lbs LR at the moment

Not unusal for GSP. They do take a while to settle in. The good news is that they are very resiliant corals. Give them a few more days. To be on the safe side...have you contacted the seller yet?

I know mine took a week to come out so I would give it a little more time. How did you acclimate them?

Drip acclimated for over an hour (not sure exactly how long it went as I lost track of time a little). The GSPs look OK, nice and purple, just haven't budged yet. The clove polyps look really bad. I am going to contact the seller today, although I'm not sure what he'll do, most of the online sellers seem to have a 12 hour guarantee which is dumb if it takes a week to know if the coral is OK!

Nothing. They look like moldy matchsticks. They had all come unglued from the base they were glued onto during shipping and probably got tossed around a lot because of that. They look pretty bad.

Nothing with the GSPs yet but I'll be patient. The shrooms are happy as.....shrooms :) and the zoos open up more each day.

Back
Top Bottom