New Fish Hiding/Not Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noteworthy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hola!

I added a sixline wrasse and a goby to my tank yesterday afternoon. The wrasse has come out and eaten then went back into hiding but the goby is another story. I have NO idea where this fish is in my tank. After acclimation both fish went into the rocks right when they were put in the tank. I have not seen the goby since. I have 1 crab but I don't think he would be munching on my new goby. I've seen the crab and cleaner shrimp all day but no sign of the goby.

I also added a mushroom coral and it is starting to come around. :)

How long will this happen if the fish is just 'being shy'? I'm concerned because the fish didn't even come out to eat like the wrasse did.

Its a 55 gallon tank with the following;
1 maroon clown
1 bar goby
1 unknown goby... lighting? flash? something like that. He was marked down from $100 to $29.
1 sixline wrasse

cc starfish
no snails can be found
1 hermit crab - is this guy eating my snails?

thats a litle strange that you can't find the goby. my goby is the most active fish in my tank. sometimes it takes a day or two for the fish to get used to the tank and they don't eat right away.
also, being "shy", might just be the fish's personality. my maroon clown NEVER comes out from out of his corner hiding spot with the exception of feeding time.

if you have sand snails, they live inside the sand and rarely come out.

are all your water parameters good?

not all gobies are personable. My yellow, contrary to what most yellow watchman gobies do, hides ALL the time. I literally didnt see it for months and then it showed up one day. I wouldnt worry to much.

I just observed my yellow watchman goby last night. I hadnt seen it in a month. I had figured he jumped and been eaten by my dogs. Stranger things have happened. They (yellow watchman gobies) dont seem to be very personable.

I guess since you are getting shrooms that this will be a reef tank. Your CC star is not reef safe. Be careful.

My goby does the same thing. Its a pink spotted shrimp goby. I know exactly where it is (hiding in a cave). Would Adding a Pistol shrimp help bring the goby outside.

Back
Top Bottom