new flame angel wont eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
got my flame angel yesterday
I'm pretty sure he's just getting used to new environment but he hasn't eaten a thing
tried nori,flake,mysiss,pellets,live brine,even pods,
he just seems not to be interested in any of it
I do have tons of macros in the tank which he seems to pick at a little but not much
I know he's a herbivore
ideas on how to get him eating
or will he just eat when he gets hungry
in all my years this is the first fish I can't get to eat anything

:thanks:

Haha happens! I hope he eats and I wouldn't worry too much unless he doesn't eat in more than 3 or 4 days.

Where can I get garlic extract?

I had a problem with two of my fish not eating. They didn't make it. Thats the one thing I didn't try. I want to be prepared if it happens again.

hi Meagan,

you can get it at your local grocery store
be sure its pure extract with no additives

Well I woke up this morning to a ear screeching scream
my wife found her flame angle dead on the rocks
it was her birthday present now I feel bad
all my parameters are fine
nitrite 0
nitrate 1.0
ammonia 0
ph 8.2
79*f
I tried everything I could to get him to eat but had no luck
was a beautiful colored fish never seen another flame angel with yellow markings on the tail fin like that he will be missed
now I'm going to have to see if I can find another with those markings

I'm sorry =( I also lost a fish this morning. It was my blue hippo tang. I also lost my yellow tang and clown fish due to not eating. No idea about my blue hippo though which bugs.

sorry bout your hippo tang how long did you have him
what are your water parameters , maybe I can help figure out what happen .
clowns are a quite bit more hardy than tangs hard to believe he didn't eat there little pigs most of the time , a lot of times stress will contribute to not eating

I will send you a message with everything that's been going on with my tank over the past month. I will also test again and send you the most updated. Thanks ...

Meagan said:
I will send you a message with everything that's been going on with my tank over the past month. I will also test again and send you the most updated. Thanks ...

Tank is too small for tangs.

Back
Top Bottom