New QT...how does everything look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marc118

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok this is what I have tomake due with...so bare with me.

20g tall hex
Rio 800 PH
Eheim Liberty 200 HOB
Heater

I have disease free cycled water in the tank. There is NOTHING else in the tank beside water.

Now...the fish...

2 chromis
2 ocellaris
1 coral beauty

Now...8 weeks seems to be along time for these fish to be in this tank...

But this is what I have so theres not much I can do.

How do you all think things will turn out? Im treating ich.

I plan on using the hypo method, maybe dosing with a kent marine product as it is copper free....

( i have a refracto )

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=78996&highlight=

Check last post for updates.

I am treating for ick too. I had to go with copper cause I don't have a refactor. iI did alot of research on hypo when deciding my treatment plan from what I have read you need to check your # at least once a day and to monitor your ph closely. I also read that with hypo you have to watch for evaporation. If you have to much the salinity goes up and it won't kill the ick. I don't think your supposed to do more than one treatment at a time. Ick tends to look worse in the morning. It took me a while to decide that I really had ick cause it would seem to go away during the day.Your tank looks good. Did you have anything to help seed it? Do you have places for the fish to hide? Your fish are pretty small so I think they will be okay. Be prepared for water changes in case you have an ammonia spike. When I moved my fish I let them have 2 days to settle in before I started treatment. I don't know if that really helps or not but they seemed to be a little stressed from the move . My fish seem to be doing good right now.

Good-luck

p.s What happened to Steve-S???

Tinia

Thats helps a lot. 1. Because my chromis DO NOT like my net and they are fast so they are stillin the main tank. Same with my angel.

My clowns have been in the QT since this morning, I will start treatment in a few days as suggested.

Kent Marine Rx P is a copper free parasite treatment that was recommended in another thread for ick, I have a bottle so I may try that in the QT.

When I caught my fish I put a divider in ( I have 125g tank) and then moved all the rock to one side. The fish had no place to hide. My tang and one of my clowns were the only ones that had any sympthoms but I was told that the other fis can be carriers.

Thats what I think im going to have to do. Its sucks i cant do anything right now, Im at work.

You can also try the 2-liter bottle trap to catch your fish, I have not used it but I have heard it is rather useful. Of course it might take a few tries and your fish might not have the luxury of time if heavily infected.

If you have Maroon Clownfish, they have cheekspines that can become entangled.

Back
Top Bottom