Just purchased a RaccoonButerfly from my LFS
about two days ago.
today i noticed he has one cloudy eye and is rubbing it against the live rock.
How do i treat it?
1. How long have you had the fish? Do you know if it was wild caught, or tank raised?
2. How long has the fish been in the tank? What are the tank mates? Any aggression?
2 DAYS IN THE TANK WITH CLOWNFISH, 2 CARDINALS, ALGAE BLENNY, 2 SHRIMP, 1 EMERALD CRAB
3. Is the fish eating? If so what does it eat?
EATING FROZEN BRINE SHRIMP AND BLOODWORMS
4. What are the water parameters? pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, SPG? (actual numbers please: posting high, average or normal is not helpful) What saltwater test kit are you using?
PH RECENTLY FELL TO 7.8 (ADDED SEA BUFFER)
5. Is the fish showing any physical signs of disease, grain of salt size spots, discoloration, ragged fins, misting or spots on the fins, cuts, cloudy eyes, etc?
ONLY SIGN IS CLOUDY EYE
6. Is the fish "flashing" (scratching or rubbing on rocks, decorations or substrate)?
7. How is the fish acting? Is it swimming around, or just hovering in one spot or corner of the tank?
ASIDE FROM THE FLASHING PRETTY NORMAL
8. Did you use quarantine? If so for how long and did you have a need to treat for any ailments? Is it in qt now? Are you currently treating with any medication(s)?
9. Describe in detail how the fish was acclimated.
DRIP METHOD FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS
10. What size system? What type of filtration do you use? Do you have any live rock or sand?
55GAL WITH CANISTER FILTER AND WET/DRY FILTER. 10LBS OF LIVE ROCK
11. Do you use any additives? Have you used any sort of meds in the main tank?
PURPLE UP, KENTS ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS