new sebae anemone issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaticlife89

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a new sebae yesterday. Tan-ish white, purple tips visible. About two-three inches wide. At the store it was blowing around but it had a anemone crab surfing along with it that almost refused to come out. Got It home, acclimated for an hour and put it in the sand substrate against the rock. I have: 75g, 150lb lr, 10 softies, 2 tank raised clown. Reef octopus bh2000 protein skimmer, 75g retrofit dimmable kit rapid led, lots of current.

Why won't this little sucker chill out and attatch? Got him in a low flow area. Just wanna make him healthy and happy. Any suggestions going forward? He doesn't look comfortable at the moment, to say the least.

ForumRunner_20131025_100036.jpg

A bit risky buying a nem especially a sebae that was just blowing around. However probably stands more chance of survival in your tank than in a LFS's.

I think you should keep a very close eye on it but don't prod it or move it at all unless you see something strange or unusual. With hope it will attach.

Back
Top Bottom