New to reef - not sure what's wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MacDuffs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Had this anemone for a week and last night it started looking like this and I think it's getting a bit worse. All my levels are bob on apart from Nitrates seem a bit high so I did a pwc last night. Am I right in thinking it's poorly or is it something else?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407357478.690547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You need high light to keep an anemone.
Also a mature tank

Fixed it for ya ;).

Op we would need some info on your system to help you, full set of params (impossible to help with "they're perfect or good"), age of tank, lighting, maintenance schedule, any changes in the tank prior to it going downhill?

Fixed it for ya ;).

Op we would need some info on your system to help you, full set of params (impossible to help with "they're perfect or good"), age of tank, lighting, maintenance schedule, any changes in the tank prior to it going downhill?

Haha, thanks red.
I agree with his questions.

Give it some plankton an mysis shrimp an check ya magnesium an ph I have the same kind

What are your nitrates at? Also the q's bigred posted will assist in helping you. That looks like a sense which is definitely not an easy nem to keep.

Sorry will retake parameters and post tonight, originally just wanted to know if it was shrivelling through illness or whether it was normal and I was overreacting. Admittedly the light could do with replacing, the bulb should arrive today hopefully. Tank is 2 years old and I've been doing a 10% water change daily for the last 3 days to reduce the nitrates.

It pooped about 4 days ago which was when things started to change. Will post tonight after I've done all my tests.

The bulb is replacing today? Anemone require high intensity lighting that require multiple, high output bulbs to survive. This is most likely the reason for the bleaching.

The bulb is replacing today? Anemone require high intensity lighting that require multiple, high output bulbs to survive. This is most likely the reason for the bleaching.

If he is using a 250 or 400 watt halide then it would make sense lol. Replacing that over a small to medium tank would be fine but who uses halides anymore :p

Back
Top Bottom