Nitirites and ammonia up in qt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flipper0512

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I k ow copurmine can give false ammonia read I g but what about nitrites? Yesterday I did 25% and today I did another 25% both are still reading dangerously high.

I do not have a solid seeded filter from a salt tank. But can I use it from freshwater tank.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes treat with cupirmine. It's been about 1 week. I knew it would cycle but didn't thi k it would go as quick as it did. And I k ow I can get some false readings. Plus ttyi g to balance the copper levels. Grrr. I wasn't prepared. Go figure I always learn the hard way. Any advice.

It's a 10 gallon tank.

No. Sorry. I pulled the hippo from the Dt and started an emergency 10 gallon hospital tank. Used water from Dt. No substrate or rock. Bubble filter with floss. No charcoal. Did first dose. 48 hours did second does. Check copper levels and We're good. 48 hours later check all stats and that's when I notice ammonia and nittries. 25 % water change. With water from Dt. 24 hours later 25% water change from Dt. Here we are. Thanks.

Well, keep up with the water changes. There shouldn't be any issues on even seeing nitrites if you are doing such water changes to lower the ammonia levels.
Either way, I'm not familiar with copper based meds messing with the nitrite test.

Well water changes are still going. She still kicking. I added filter floss to the Dt for 3 days and now added that floss to the bubble filter. Think that was enough time to catch enough bacteria to help kick the cycle to the finish line?

Back
Top Bottom