Noobie Question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nemo6292

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, I'm in the process of fishless cycling my nano saltwater tank. I've got a 30 gallon freshwater tank and I am fighting my first battle with Ich. I am second guessing my saltwater aquarium. I guess it's just the discouragement of the Ich outbreak. My question is, are outbreaks such as the "marine Ich" and other diseases I've read about in saltwater fish as frequent as they are in freshwater fish?? Should I be letting my freshwater tank discourage me to continue with my nano reef?? I'd hate to have the money tied up in fish and coral and have a disease completely kill everything. Or constantly be fighting some disease. Any thoughts?? I hope I'm just worrying for no reason...

SW ich can be common without proper quarantine and cannot be treated in reef tanks only in quarantine/hospital tanks, IMO a quarantine tank is as important as a reef tank to keep fish in the first place

What other diseases should I be aware of before I start buying fish? Any that shows up more frequent than others?

Back
Top Bottom