Not sure I would call her a sick fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

comets55

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

I got paired black & white clownfish for 45 days now. Female 4.5inch and male is 3inch. They always had been swimming together, eating together and play together without attacking each other.

Until yesterday I came home, the female tail got ripped, so I check if it looks like a deceases...but I don't think it is....

I took a close up picture for u guys to look...pls let me know your thought...if she really sick, I will fix her up. Thank you in Advance!

Attachment:
1: This paired in a 24" tank (i want to breed them)
2: Her right side.
3. Her left side. I noticed some very small colorless spot, is it a decease or they are fight each other?

Attachments

• image-1043697939.jpg
    image-1043697939.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 163
  • image-1283931445.jpg
    image-1283931445.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 174
  • image-291278586.jpg
    image-291278586.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 154
Looks like the two clowns are fighting... Seems wierd though because the female should win. Lol

No, only 2 of them in tank...Is it look like she has infected in some kind of decease?

Before her tail has a curve tail almost like a heart...now torn apart.

Im not sure what you think looks infected

If you can speperate the clowns i would... If not then just make sure your water parameters are steady and it will grow back

Thank you...or do you think it causes from I didn't feed them dinner on time? I normally feed them at 4pm, but last night I didn't get home until 11pm. Do you think that the case?

No, feeding time is irrelevant... Have you seen any agression between the two clowns??

Never...they had been together for more than 45 days without any incidents.

Have you added anything else to the tank lately? I had a pair that got along wonderfully until I added a yellow tang once. Then the female would nip at the male. He found another area in the tank to hang out but died later.

Hi guys,

I guess I found a factor that cause his sickness (not 100% sure). Might cause from some type of warm that came with the algae.

My assumption as follows:

This couple had been great together for the past 45 days in 24" tank alone (no other fishes). However, 2 days ago, my girlfriend went to Department of Marine Development in Thailand and brought back some type of algae. Base on what she said, it will help bring down the ammonia level in the tank. So, she added it for me.

About 30 minutes ago, I tried to separate this female out from the tank, so I have to remove the algae. Then, I found 2 worms in the tank, 1 in algae and 1 on floating on surface. Do you think this worm would be a root cause? If so, what kind of medication I should use?

Now, I just used fresh treated marine water mix with Cifloxin and put an oxygen in separate container. Any other recommendation?

See the pictures.

Attachments

• image-4086386092.jpg
    image-4086386092.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 142
  • image-171445301.jpg
    image-171445301.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 130
  • image-1915599056.jpg
    image-1915599056.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 161
Personally I think the damage is from the male, it looks like two bites were takin out of the tail. It could be a case of he is trying to get her to spawn and she isn't having it but I'm no expert. I actually just had a similar issue with my clowns and it should heal up fine just keep the water pristine and it should heal quickly.

No I don't think you need to separate her, just keep your parameters in check and do regular water changes and it'll heal up. I would keep an eye on both fish and if you see the aggression escalating then I would remove her.

If she is injured I would separate her just to make sure she heals without further issue or stress and I would treat her with an antibiotic. I may be over doing it but it's how I would do it.

Thank you everyone for your help...Will keep you guys posted!

The couple is getting better now...healing quite alright. Thank you!

Hi all need your help again to clarify the cause of death of my B&W clownfish. Background, I have 2 tanks (30" tank with 8 fishes + anemone + live rock + live sands x 1 - have this for 2 months without any lost and 24" tank with 4 b&w clown for 1 month, but added 2 new small live rock on sunday x 1).

In the 24" tank has the 4 B&W clownfishes that got sick from previous. But since last wednesday everything went well, all the wound were healed. They seem very happy for week now.

All the sudden, i got a few extra live rock, so I put into this 24" tank. Then, monday die 2 suddenly and today wednesday die when i woke up in the morning. Now only got 1 left. I want to know what happened? I got a picture of how their body look like.

The water look white like color is dropping...ammonia test 0mg/L.
I wanna know, so I will take as experience. Many thanks.

Attachments

• image-2599068534.jpg
    image-2599068534.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 125
  • image-2380911983.jpg
    image-2380911983.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 126
Sigh... That sucks. Well There were a few things that youdid wrong. First of all, you should never have 2 pairs of clowns in such a small tank. The pairs will fight... Same goes for 3 clowns in the same tank, one will die.

Second thing you did wrong was add live rock to an already cycled tank. There was die off from the rocks and this caused a mini cycle killing all of your fish.

+1. I would recommend asking on the forum before doing anything to your tank. Or some research. Not just throwing random things in. Sorry for the losses.

Back
Top Bottom