Nox-ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Natelb44

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is nox-ich safe and will it kill what is growing on my live rock

Do your fish have Ich and you are trying to treat with that product or do you have something growing on live rock that you want dead?

If its Ich, you do not want to use this. It will do nothing for your fish. The only two proven cures are copper or Hyposalinity in a QT. Then, while fish are being treated in that separate tank, you leave your display tank fallow for 6 weeks. That allows the Ich parasites in the tank time to die off due to not having a host to live in/on. You end up with Ich-free fish going back into an Ich-free tank. It will never come back if you quarantine any future fish. Going any other way, the Ich will survive (even though you may not see it on your fish) and it will resurface down the road.

There are lots of articles to read about marine Ich online. It's a good idea to understand how this parasite works, as many people assume their fish is cured when the spots disappear (which is absolutely not the case).

Well the fish died already and was wondering if tha stuff would kill my live rock because I used one dose. And I don't have a qt tank

Sorry to hear about the fish. Do you have others?

It's important to understand that what I mentioned about copper and hypo had been proven, over and over, to be the only way to rid your fish of Ich. All these other things "treat" by boosting immune system (garlic) or by helping the fish heal to some degree. You still end up with Ich in the tank if the fish is not "cured" and the tank is not left fallow. If you have other fish , they have it, at least carry it, and introducing new fish exposes them.

Quarantine tanks are not expensive to set up and I can almost guarantee that the money spent buying one will be saved over time in less fish deaths.

Yes I plan to set up a QT tank soon and have read about these treatments I just knew I couldn't do them yet because they would both kill my live rock and that is too much money to loose
And I do not have any other fish in there now.

Back
Top Bottom