Nudibranch, Red Bug, or other?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyH5512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all. I am having an issue in my aquarium. Recently, many of my SPS (mostly montis) have been going south. However, I have noticed a bleached spot on an acro as well. Nothing in the water chemistry, etc, has changed nor has anything been done differently in the aquarium. I have not seen anything (and believe me, I have been watching) out of the ordinary in the aquarium.

Does anyone know of any common culprits (ie parasites or predators) that would damage coral like this? TIA.

Andy

What is your calcium and alk at? Live aquaria says "To maximize their growth rate, it is imperative to maintain a high pH, alkalinity and calcium levels, and to keep phosphate and nitrate levels as close to zero as possible. If conditions are ideal, it can also be cultured and grown into a new colony from living fragments or broken pieces." HTH

Thanks for the reply. I do need to get my dKH higher. It is at 6.1. Any suggestions (as far as additives) in addition to regular water changes? I use Tropic Marin salt mix.

Back
Top Bottom