Oceanic Sea Salt WOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
www.thatfishplace.com is the cheapest, $67.04 delivered, 200gal bucket
Dang that is expensive.. It is about 32.00 to 40.00 here per 200gal bucket.. Call Oceanic and Find out the distributors # in your area and give them a call and find who has it locally...

James

Dang that is expensive.. It is about 32.00 to 40.00 here per 200gal bucket.. Call Oceanic and Find out the distributors # in your area and give them a call and find who has it locally...

I did and the best price I could find here locally was $74.99

I am currently using reef crystals in my tank but would like to try out the oceanic. its time to buy a 200 gal bucket and my LFS has the oceanic in stock. Is there any "no-nos" regarding switching salt brands, I.E. if I did my typical 30gal change and used the Oceanic will there be bad chemistry with the other 100 gallons of RC thats in there?

Quote:

I did and the best price I could find here locally was $74.99
Holy Cow that LFS is making a profit... Marked up about 100%

Is there any "no-nos" regarding switching salt brands
Yeah dont go fast.. Take your time

if I did my typical 30gal change and used the Oceanic will there be bad chemistry with the other 100 gallons of RC thats in there?
I would only do maybe a 1/4th or your normal water change.. Depending on tank size about 5gals per week for 1 month.. Then go back to your normal water change schedule.. The Oceanic salt is pretty low in Alk so make sure you watch that..

James

Grndhog wrote:

What is the name of the store and where is it located?

The name of the store is called Suncoast Aquariums: http://www.suncoastaquariums.com

It is located in Panama City Beach right on Hwy 98 in the Promenade Mall across from the Ocean Opry.

I just found it last week. They don't have a sign up at the front of the mall and its not in the mall directory. Really weird 8O. I stumbled upon it last week when I was looking for alternative fish stores in the yellow pages. There was one called Poseidon's Reef in the yellow pages and when I called it, I got Suncoast. Apparently they bought out Poseidon's Reef and then renamed the business.

I am heading over their now and will check on the prices...

Get this all.. I saw it at Pet Smart they told me they're gonna start carrying it.. Haven't checked out a price yet cause Darin at Caprive Reefs isn't very far from me So Its safe to assume he'll give a far better deal.

I used my 5 gal sample and I have to say that it dissolved immediately. I am pleased with it so far, and if I can find it locally I may support my LFS...

Well my LFS carries it for $15 for a 50 gallon and $29 for a 90 gallon mix. Pretty good prices considering that Reef Crystals is more expensive!!

Now those seem pretty close to what Petsmart sells it for.. A Store around here had a tag on it for 89.99 but it was on sale for 39.99 LOL I smell a Marketing ploy??? LOL

James

A Store around here had a tag on it for 89.99 but it was on sale for 39.99 LOL I smell a Marketing ploy??? LOL
Depending on your local laws, that sort of mis-marking is usually illeagel.

OK i have my sample pack mixed up in my 5 gal jug.Let it sit overnight.I have a 55 gal reef tank and was wondering if i should just do 1 gal changes over a period of a few weeks or would it be ok to throw the whole 5 gal into the tank at once.Ive been using IO salt since i set the tank up over a year and a half ago and i have read that the changing of salt brands should be done gradually but not sure how gradually

I have a 55 gal reef tank and was wondering if i should just do 1 gal changes over a period of a few weeks
I did about 2.5 - 3gals per week.. Seemed to work great as I had no problems..

HTH<
James

Well everyone I just got back from one of my LFS's and saw something of interest. On the new All-Glass Aquariums they have advertisements for Oceanic Sea Salt. So my guess is its gonna be a widely found product probably soon. Meaning price should be considerably cheap when that happens.

All this talk about this salt has got my "pumped up" for my next water change.

Wow, that is almost kinda sad... 8)

All this talk about this salt has got my "pumped up" for my next water change.

Wow, that is almost kinda sad...

You know water changes could come sooner LOL

James

Hey all,

I just got off the phone with a LFS that was supposed to carry the Oceanic salt and he said that he had been reading bad things about the salt on the internet and reef central. He does not think he is going to carry it.

He did reccomend red sea though. I thought this salt was not recommended here?

IO has been doing ok so far but I don't test for anything other than the normal stuff yet. I would like to get more corals so I want to be ready :)

I was just reading thu the Oceanic Post on RC and Didnt see anything bad in the numerous pages except for one guy that lost a few fish.. Other than that everything that I was reading was pretty awesome.. There is alot of pages so I didnt read them all but I read the last few and middle few.. I still swear by this.. My tank seems to be doing completely awesome and I am completely switched over to Oceanic..

James

Back
Top Bottom