Ok just bought a yellow tang 4 days ago now sick???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can see 2 tiny black spot on his body must be black spot. I just want to know will that be alright if I leave it for the time being? I don't have a QT and don't want to set up one. Also I don't want to catch it as he is so fast and I don't mess around with my rock works.

If I leave it alone in the main tank and if the black ich fell off will it come back to haunt the fish in future? And will ocellaris clown and chromis get them easily?

If the yellow tang is healthy in future and there are still presence of black ich in the tank will he get that again?

I am thinking of dosing copper right into the main tank. I am thinking of doing this FOWLR tank anyway. Will not have any kind of coral and invert at all. But will get some blennies and gobies to do the cleaning instead.

I'm not familiar with black ick. But ick will fall off the fish, enter the water, multiply and infect others.

I'd hate to see you put copper in your main and never have snails or hermits. Can't rely on gobies or blennies to clean nooks and crannies of leftover food, algae, or even smaller dead critters you can't reach.

Just want to check if black ich is as deadly as white ich (white spot)?

Back
Top Bottom