Pale & red clownfish help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChelseazFishiez

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, i have 2 ocellaris clown fish in my 10 gallon aquarium. They're both VERY young. probably just 3 months or les. one has all 3 stripes but is very small, and the other one is still developing its black borders and 3rd stripe. the one WITH the stripes turned EXTREMELY pale and started rapid breathing sorta ''attacking'' the reflection on the glass. I recently changed their diet from flakes to pellets. the pale fish's near the stomach and gills were RED. But then i also saw the smaller fish and it was also pale, but now its good so far... it eats and stuff. but the bigger 1 was ok for a while, then got PALE AND A RED SPOT:( it doesn't eat well.... it eats sometims... the smallr fish stays in one place by these ''leaves'' as his ''home'' but the othr fish goes back and forth from glas to glas. please help! all comments are very muc appreciated...

-o and i write updates on them... and i jusy git them like 2 weks ago :(

Redness usually implies bacterial infection. Get us a pic if possible.

hmm did you get your heater??
I once read a post about feed clowns that suggest we feed flakes and pellets as less as possible cuz simplely they contain ground products like flour and actually one of my flake contain ground rice OoO.
so try to feed them some mysis and brine shrimp, soak the shrimps with some vitamins and feed them. I mixed seaweed, raw shrimp, mysis and brine together with some vitamin.

ok something u might wanna check and consider change in the future.
1st: do u have enough flow in the tank for gas exchange, they might need oxygen.
2nd: the temp problem u post earlier
3rd: lack of space for 3clowns, I know they r still small, but they still need some space to grow. when they get physical mature and 2 of them pair up, the 1 left will probably get attack or even die.

and as innovator said, showing us picture will help us ID the problem.

Back
Top Bottom