pale clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hottievols

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 clownfish, well 1 of them seems to be pale or even a white color on him. I have treated the tank with a Ich medication and it seemed like it helped and then all of a sudden overnight its back. The other clown appears to be just fine. All paras are 0 except nitrate which is 20ppm. Any suggestions?

well you should go to some knowlegable expert.. Really sorry I can't help.. Somethings wrong with my clown fish and i just bought it an hour ago and its floating upside down.. :( its not dead though. Its a baby. it doesn't have al its stripes yet :( Well good luck.... try continuing the ich treatment........?

I don't know beacuse I got my water tested by this shop (LFS) And I trust them, beacuse they have very healthy fish there.. My fish is al better now! I turned the filter on.. But it was stuff on the filter!! I thought it was dead, but then i shook the filter and it started swimming again. Thanks for the concern though. Hows your pale clown fish..? Hope it's doing better. I read about it that it spreads and its a diseas that's common among clown fishes!! Well good luuuck!! :)

Maybe Brooklynella?

Brooklynella Disease Education from FishVet, Inc.

If it is Brooklynella and you choose to do a FW dip, make sure you research it a little more to grasp a better understanding of the correct way to do it and some of the precautions that should be administered.

My LFS are big garlic fans. They believe in soaking the fish's food in garlic and even putting them in concentrated garlic/saltwater solutions.

Try posting some pictures?

Faded colors can be from the wrong pH, that same poor diet and a few other things. What's your pH?

Back
Top Bottom