Panther Grouper...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmh2536

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought a panther grouper and it seems like it has tail rot....his tail and fins are fraying and cut. I dont have much expierience with sick fish, since I've never really had a sick fish in the year that i've been doing SW. I was wondering what you all think is the best approach to curing this. I have a 120 gallon with 145lbs of LR. Im not really concerced about putting medecine in the tank because I will never have inverts in the tank or nor will i ever use the rock for a reef tank. Any suggestions would be helpful...

since you just bought him , i would take him back too the store, if you have other fish in the tank and dont have a q-tank, if you want too keep him, then go get some meds for him.

imo if ya got him and bought him like that then before i would do anything id wait a bit who knows your water could be better than what he came out of ya know?? and might clear up by it self
also what was in the tank with him at the pet shop?¿?

there was a mineatus grouper, a bannana wrasse, and two large volitan lionfish with him in the tank...

Back
Top Bottom