perc clown missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ickey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had a pair of clowns for about the last 3 months ,they were bought as juveniles (about an inch and a half long ) for the last 3 days one of them has been missing.my question is could it be spawning , there is only one place in my tank i cant see, and thats the bottom of a large rock that sits horizontally between two other rocks .i know this rock is hollow on the bottom. im just hoping i havent lost the little fellow.any ideas?? :cry:

How Big is the tank? It is possible that the clown could have jumped and landed in the skimmer, the overflow, the filter, or outside the tank. Are they the only fish in the tank? What About inverts? Too little information to tell. Please answer all of these.

How Big is the tank?
120 gl.
It is possible that the clown could have jumped and landed in the skimmer, the overflow, the filter, or outside the tank. Are they the only fish in the tank?
i've checked all the above , and no sign of him and the other fish and inverts are 2 green chromis , yellow wrass , engineer goby , small bannerfish , 2 hermits , 1 sallylightfoot , 3 turbo snails . the other clown seems to be hanging out around that one rock.

I would say that it is possible that they are breeding. They may be seeking refuge there. I have read that clowns breed on rocks though, not on sand. Tell us how it turns out.

Good luck

Maybe place a little food in front of the opening and see if he comes for it.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom