Perc Clown not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He is still breathing fast? Is there anything else i should do??

And cody i have to acclimilate him again?

For what it's worth, I have killed a fish trying to fix a problem that I really could never diagnose. Stress is a REAL killer.

Today my clown ate some frozen squid (the white cube that comes with the frozen marine cuisine package) i mixed it with garlic flakes he ran from the flakes but ate some squid so hoepefully all is getting better. BUT im afraid if my royal gramma had caught something, i see light brown/clear waxy long streaky spots on her body on one side. Its hard to explain but its Not flashing..

Ok the perc is attempting to eat now, eveb though he still has clear looking bubbles on his body. But he is eating.. Spittin out some flakes but eating the frozen goods

Good to know. Just let him be and he should be OK. He was just acclimating to the tank. If he`s eating then that`s half the battle.

melosu58 said:
Good to know. Just let him be and he should be OK. He was just acclimating to the tank. If he`s eating then that`s half the battle.

What about the spots? They dont look like ich but idk how brooklynella looks. Im afraid he might have it and spread it to my other fish

most places ive read said if fish arent eating and still looking stressed after a week there could be a problem with the fish or am i wrong?

I was checking out the med on amazon that maya said something about, quick cure? It contains malachite green just like the nox ich i have.. I cant just place my clown in a plastic container and leave him in it with just a drop of nox ich for 1 minute and with no salt.

Has he developed any other signs? The quick cure also contains formalin. Many folks suggest formalin dips. But the malachite green may work great alone, I'm just not familiar with it. I wouldn't use either of them if he doesn't have sure signs of a diagnosable disease. Fuzzy patches, slime coating, spots, etc. If you treat him with a med he doesn't need, it will do more harm than good. If he has all the signs and symptoms of Brooklynella then I would treat him.

Got one i took like 15 pics tryna catch him when he pauses then swims again. The best one i could take.. I had to use zoom because if i got to close he would run with the quickness. I really want to keep this perc, i like him alot.

U can see the spot above his fin, he has it on both sides, different shapes n sizes, doesnt seem bad but dont want it to spread!

Attachments

• image-1656808530.jpg
    image-1656808530.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 83
Update: today i gave the perc a freshwater dip, i let him swim around for a minute then he stayed in for a additional 30 seconds dodging and avoiding the net. So about a min and a half. I just fed the tank and he is eating and the rapid breathing has gone down alot he also doesnt have as many spots. I think he is on the road to living healthy again.. But my gramma is flashing every now and then i tried to give him a freshwater dip but he keeps squeezing between rocks so i cant get to him.

I personally think you are doing too much. Everything you are doing is stressing the fish out. Esp the FW dip. I have yet to see a FW dip do any good. In most cases it stresses the fish out. The netting of the fish also stresses the fish out. I would just sit back and let the fish acclimate to your tank. Why did you do a FW dip? What do you plan on accomplishing by doing it? Just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom