Perc not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Crabs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have 2 perc clowns for a few weeks. As normal the bigger one beat up on the smaller one but after a few days they seemed ok. Both were eating. Now the past few days the smaller one does not eat his fins look really ragged and he is thin as a rail. The other one is beautiful bright orange fat and sassy. I have not seen her do anything to the smaller one but he has fear in his eyes and looks like a beaten broken down old man. Any suggestions?

what are you feeding them? My 2 percs go for mysis shrimp, formula one and two frozen cubes, and even bio blend marine pellets.

I'm just throwing something out there. Could it be that the smaller one has Fin rott disease?

might try adding vitamin C to the water and food. Also add Garlic extract as well...can be added to the water and food. Helped mine to start eating...the vitamin C will help heal any wounds the one might have from being beat upon.

frozen formula 2 cubes have garlic already.

The smaller one is definitely having problems. Its so hard to diagnose illness vs. stress without 'seeing' the fish myself.

Back
Top Bottom