Pink clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nessaathena0822

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of my ocellaris clownfish (who I believe is going to be the female) has his stripes turning a faded pink? My other one seems to have a green tinge to him. I wanted to know if this is normal? They are both healthy, actively eating and swimming around.

I have a 29g tank with about 30-35 pounds of liverock and a few zoanthids. I also have a six line wrasse, a cleaner shrimp and a substantial CUC of snails and hermits. 0 nitrites 0 ammonia and about 6-10ppm nitrates. I use an actinic blue light in my tank as well.

I recently did my weekly 25% water change as I've been doing for the past few months and everything seemed normal.

Now my clownfish's stripes seem to be exhibiting pastel pink and green? There seems to be nothing wrong health wise as they seem very healthy, are eating normally, and are doing their usual mating ritual. I'm not sure if it's the light that I'm using that is making them look different colors or what, but I hope there is nothing wrong with them.

I'm attaching photos where you can kind of make out the pink, and you can see the green in the other guy.

Does anyone know about this? Is it a normal thing when they've been exposed to a blue light?

IMG_4771.jpgIMG_4777.jpgIMG_4775.jpg

Okay, cause fish usally pale up at night, my black clowns turn white or light blue but there fine

Oh that's interesting, but their white stripes seem to be more of a neon.

That's normal with clowns. It tends to look kind of icy blue almost right?

That's normal with clowns. It tends to look kind of icy blue almost right?

The little guy seems a bluish greenish on the outline of his white stripes but the bigger one looks actually pastel pink EXCEPT for the outline of the white stripes.

They're very healthy and active so I'm just hoping the color changes are normal.

My sister told me that my babies look white again! Maybe it is just a night time thing!

Most fish pale when they sleep. If this was during the day while they were out and swimming around, it would be a sign of stress.

Okay that is good news, they always look bright white and orange during the day. I feel a lot better now, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom