Pixy Hawkfish not Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishAddict413

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just recently added a pixy hawkfish about 5 days ago to my 5 gallon SW. I have a 140 gallon FOWLR but I am just using my 5 gal as a quarantine tank which I am doing to all new fish after a nasty ich outbreak. I have had a clownfish and cleaner wrasse in their a week prior to adding the hawkfish. I have been feeding frozen brine shrimp, frozen marine cuisine (krill, mysis etc) and new life spectrum optimum saltwater h20 flakes soaked in garlic guard. The clown and wrasse eats like pigs but my hawkfish will not touch any of it. I don't want him to starve. I have read that hawkfish will pretty much eat anything. Water parameters are optimal. What should I do? Thank you in advance.

5G is pretty small for three fish in a QT. The hawkfish must be pretty stressed. How long do the other fish have left in QT? See if you can get some live food to tweak the hawkfishes apt.

I have read 3 weeks minimum on Quarantine. The clown and wrasse have 2 more weeks left. I have soaked the food in garlic also and does not rouse appetite. Any other suggestions on food?

Back
Top Bottom