Plate coral coughed up a fur ball???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefobsessed

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am wondering if my plate coral coughed up a fur ball or if I am a Grandma. Santa is bringing my digital so I have no photo but my plate has only been in my tank a few months and the last two nights has been getting huge. I mean puffing up to 4 inches high. Last night I noticed it had a hunk of something in its mouth and after 1/2 or so it fell out. The ( fur ball ) is staying right by its side and this morning seems to have quite a slime bed ( almost stingy ) around it... Whats up with that?? And if it is a baby, what do I do??

I dont feed anything that large to my fisg and Im not missing any fish. Spawning?? So this could be a new little plate to add to my collection?? :roll:

Sounds like you might have just had a coral spawn.. Never seen or heard of a plate coral spawning but there is a first time for everything...

James

I know a guy who's plate coral has been reproducing like crazy!! It is very cool. I have one of his babies and it's doing awesome. Congrat's on the spawning!! I'm sure you'll be seeing many, MANY more in the future. :D

Back
Top Bottom