Please help quickly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coltsfan82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need advice about my LTA (I'm due to have a baby any day now and don't want to come home to a tank full of dead livestock!) I have a 75 gallon tank. My tank lighting is: four t5 bulbs, 50% actinic and 50% white, 54w bulbs. Parameters using test strips: Ammonia 0, Nitrate 0, Nitrite 0, total all >180, pH 7.8, SG using my refractometer 1.023, and temp 78 deg F. I've had my LTA since the beginning of July. For the last couple weeks, my LTA has been shrinking up on a very regular basis, I'd say once a day for hours at a time. I first thought maybe it was going to split and in fact did see what looked like a new foot, but without tentacles, on the rock next to it. But that "foot" has since dried up. Anyhow, now the LTA has an open mouth, and it did walk a little to a new spot. I do a 5 gallon water change once a week, and I feed the LTA frozen food once a week. It eats well. My question is, do you think it is dying? Why would it shrink up so often? I have attached pictures. Please give me advice ASAP, I'd really appreciate it!!!!! Thanks!

PS: I realize there is a lot of algae in the tank, but I lost a lot of clean up crew over the last few months and just replaced them yesterday. I've been pulling the algae out, but hoping adding the snails/crabs will help.

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 109
Doesn't looking its dying. Do your water changes and feed what needs to be fed.

Relax and concentrate on your new bundle of joy coming to greet you!!

Congratulations and best of luck!!!

Dino

EDIT:

Nice tank btw...

Back
Top Bottom