Please please please help with naso tang ASAP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a naso tang yesterday and it was eating and doing great. I saw some little cuts/marks on him and thought it was my yellow tang spearing him. Its not, its actually my caribbean spiny lobster grabbing him. I have a 20g connected with 3 clowns and a damsel. Its the same exact water. Should I move him over? Im so scared idk what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should I use melafix?????????????

Shes gone. The addition of melafix shocked her i believe, but she was going to be harrassed either way. I moved her into the 20 at the very end, nobody bothered her, but she passed. Im so angry. I think the stupid lobster may have killed my stingray too. Should I just return him? MY LFS has a titan trigger............. could be good food and fun to watch after what hes done. Im getting real fed up. This fish was killed, my last fish had a skin eating bacteria, and the fish before that......... killed. And she had size. She was 5" at least. Im starting to consider quitting this hobby.

That really sucks dude, i would get rid of the lobster, its just way too agressive. :( sorry to hear this :(

That stinks, but sounds like the lobster needs to go. It's an expensive hobby with a lot of variables in it. Setbacks like this are frustrating, but think of the pleasure you get out of it when things are going good.

I had to get out of saltwater for almost ten years due to moving and not having a place for a good sized tank. Right before the move, i lost about $600 in fish to an unknown ailment (back in the days before the net had all these great sites and you had to rely on your LFS advice). We moved again, got a 75 started back up now and LOVE it. Plan to upgrade to a 200+ in a year or two.

Tough luck man, my vote goes for supper lol. I wouldn't eat an aquarium fish personally but the lobster should go IMO.

I'm gonna feed him every night and also put him in the fuge for 2 weeks while the new fish get acclimated. If he still hurts them, hes going to the lfs.

Back
Top Bottom