Please take a look, I don't have a clue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sorry to post this again, but I really need an opinion. I have 2 heni butterflies in qt. The have developed whan looks like blisters. Here are some better pics.
I have some maracyn 2 standing by. What do you think? They quit eating and become listless.

Any sign of redness anywhere around the patch's or near any fins in general? Could be a bacterial infection or scaring from a previous problem. I do not think it's HLLE. Did it develope after you got them?

Cheers
Steve

No redness. I was looking closer, it almost looks cottonish, slightly raised. They did not have it when I purchased them last weekend, but it is getting progressively worse, especially on that one. They were eating like pigs up until yesterday. Maybe a true fungus? What do you think about the maracyn 2?
btw, I have them in a 40 gallon qt, am able to keep the water quality excellent, so not problem there.
Thank for the help.
PS, also look at the raised area between the tail fin and the dorsal fin, there is a big area just south between the 2 fins, if that makes any sense.

They did not have it when I bought them. I do check them very well, this develped a couple days later.
Here is a pick with the 3 areas circled.

The red area at the base of the tail is what led me to think a possible bacterial problem. The white area's do have a definate fungal appearance but could also be simple scale loss. In either case, I would try several water changes over the next week with well aged SW and increased feedings with a vitamin fortified food soaked daily. After a week of no improvement (or at least no further spreading), then I would suggest the Maracyn II at double the dose for 7 days. Just be sure you test the water specs daily if you medicate and do the needed water changes.

How's the ph?

Cheers
Steve

My gray angel developes some fungus stuff, but it comes and goes. I think my Cleaner shrimp takes care of it, but I see you have cleaners and still have the problem. I hope they all recover.

I do feed all my fish food soaked with selcon. I also excute daily water changes while they are in qt. sixline, no cleaners as they are in qt Ph is a constant 8.2 ( I have a monitor on this tank) . I have read (online tonight) that maracyn may be a better choice, I am going to try that.
Thanks to both of you (and kudos)

Went down this morning and found we lost one of them (the one pictured). :cry: I'll medicate the other on and try to save him. I really wanted a pair of this fish. I'll wait until I get him cured before finding another.

Back
Top Bottom