Poorly Toadstool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjbaker

Aquarium Advice Regular
image-553879137.jpg

Hi I bought a toadstool yesterday and drip acclimated it for an hour. It looked great in the shop but it still hasn't opened up and looks to be curling under at the edges now.
Is this normal ?

Thanks

It's pretty normal for a toadstool to go through a few days of looking unhappy. I thought mine was dead once and almost removed it from my tank but after a few weeks it bounced right back.

I would give it a few more days and don't be surprised it if starts to "shed" a little. They will slough off their outer layer sometimes and then are better than new afterwards.

Good luck!@

I'm glad. :-D

Sometimes you just have to give the critters we buy some time. The toadstool was happy and content where it was and just got yanked out and put in a new home. Think how you'd feel. LOL

But seriously, it will be fine most likely. Just make sure it doesnt have too too much flow and for lighting it's fair game, mine seems to like high light so I wouldnt worry too much about lighting just yet.

Back
Top Bottom