Possibly Blue Green Chromis Sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

protokix22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 60 gallon fish only with a wet/dry filter and a cannister filter. Right now, there are 2 smaller ocellaris clowns and 3 blue green chromis.

So I originally bought 4 blue green chromis, I was told they do better in bigger groups. I was also dissuaded from my original plan (two firefish and a royal gramma because they said the royal gramma was really aggressive) I'm really starting to doubt the advice I got at the LFR. The other day, out of the blue, one of those little guys died. I checked my levels and everything is perfrect. I also looked at him and there didn't seem to be anything wrong. I noticed the night before he was hovering above the substrate, not moving around, but I just thought he'd gone into "sleep mode" a little early...

Now today, I notice d one of the remaining three chromis seems to be having trouble swimming. He kind of floats around, with his body completely vertical in the tank. He can swim normal, I tapped on the glass in front of him and he swam right to his buddies where he'll swim for a while, then revert back to the vertical floating. He also seems to kind of get "stuck" on the front wall, I don't know if this is the rubbing people talk about or just poor swimming on his part. Also I read somewhere once that this might have something to do with a bladder infection. I'm at a loss because the clowns are perfectly fine, and the other two chromis are gjust fine as well.

Any suggestions? Should I move him out? Also, is this related to the other chromis death?

Back
Top Bottom