Powder blue tang white spot, please HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laureniron31

Aquarium Advice Regular
5 days ago I purchased a powder blue tang for the price of 57£ it has now developed white spot, please help, what do I do is this dangerouse?

Attachments

• image-1486933389.jpg
    image-1486933389.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 167
  • image-3989190435.jpg
    image-3989190435.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 135
Search for treatments here, there are LOADS of threads about ich and how to treat it. Most of them begin with "my tang has ich" because tangs are prone to it if stressed and most people don't have big enough tanks for them. If its not too late can return it back to the store? Did you quarantine it before introducing it into your display? Good luck, I hear its a tough battle...

I'm not sure about the conversion, but I think its almost 4 liters to one gallon? If this Powder Blue is in less than a 30 gallon tank, it is going to be stressed. It should be in a six foot tank.

That being said, there are probably three posts a day with this same story...Tang in a small tank has Ich...read up on marine Ich (there are links to good articles on many of those) so you understand what your up against. Copper or hyposalinity are what cure Ich. Nothing else. You want to do that in a QT and leave your tank fallow for six weeks. That allows the Ich in your DT to die off because it has no host.

Also, powder blue tangs are notorious for being easily stressed and get ick very easily... Good luck. I had one that lasted about 3 days. Hope yours fairs better:mad:

Just looked at the stocking in your Bio...hopefully that "Sweetlips clown-like fish" is not really a real spotted Sweetlips, as that requires a 500g tank.

Yeah that's ich my regal tang had ich for like a week, what you should do is feed feed feed y have to build his immune system back up, if he is eating then there is still hope also get a cleaner wrasse he will help out a lot, the problem is the cleaner wrasse will probably die in a few weeks

Fish don't just have Ich for a week. The white spots are visible on them as a part of the life cycle. The next phase is where people that do not understand this parasite get confused and think their fish was miraculously cured. Those spots will drop off and that live Ich goes into your sand and rock. That grows, bursts and comes back down the road, often worse.

Cleaner wrasses do not really do much, as the big problem with Ich is it likes to attack the gils, where you don't see it. Cleaner wrasses and shrimp won't do the trick where they can't get.

Feeding stuff with garlic helps boost their immunity, so not a bad idea, just understand that it is absolutely not a cure. Kinda like a flu shot... Might help, but doesn't mean you can't get the flu.

There are lots of articles out there and all agree that copper or hypo in a QT work. Leaving the DT fallow for six weeks works, as the Ich cant live without a host. The other stuff is a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom