preventitive for ICK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My tank is alittle over a month and I have just introduced 4 damsels. Is there a treatment I can get to prevent an outbreak of ICK? and other common issues?
If i see some I know about the whole QT thing but I personally think a preventive is the best method instead of waitin for it to show up.

pearsont74 said:
If i see some I know about the whole QT thing but I personally think a preventive is the best method instead of waitin for it to show up.
Quarantining all new arrivals is the best prevention. There is no such thing as an additive that "prevents" parasites. Fish either have a parasite or they don't, they connot simpley "appear" from nowhere.

Cheers
Steve

SsSarahsS said:
I know a lot of people mix garlic in with their food blends. I have started doing this as well.

when you say mix garlic with their food blends, do you mean fresh garlic? How much Garlic do you put in. I am paranoid of getting the Ich.

Garlic may help boost the immune system a bit, but is will NOT prevent an ich outbreak.

Back
Top Bottom