puffer with ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dearthm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a porkie puffer with ich. He,s in a 6ft x 2ft x2ft tank with a queen angel, blue throat trigger, foxface, mimic tang, flame hawk and a blue damsel. I want to remove them all and treat with hypo in hospital tank I have setup a 200litre corner tank with a couple of plastic pots in and a couple of pieces of rock skimmer and canister filter with uv. Will thiz be ok im worried its going to be to small and i may get aggression. No of the otger fish have signs of ich but wanted to clear it out of dt. Any advice would be great. Thanks

I would move the rock corals and inverts and some sand out of the display into a hospital tank and hypo the display tank. Some sand will die, but it'll get re seeded by the other sand and live Rick. This is what I did.

Move him into to a quartine tank all by himself until he gets better.

Add some more salt and turn up the temp.

SHould help a bit

Move him into to a quartine tank all by himself until he gets better.

Add some more salt and turn up the temp.

SHould help a bit
Unfortunately this won't help at all...This is saltwater not freshwater ,,adding more salt will surely kill the fish,,it dehydrates them.
You need to remove salt from the water,,AKA preform hyposalinity

The whole tank has ick..It needs to be addressed ...Crister13 gave some good advice(y)
Probably what i would do too

Yeh i moved him out on his owm once put him in hospital tank in hypo fixed him up got rid of all the ich left him in there for about three weeks and then moved him back to display he know got ich again its in my display. All other fish show no signs. My display has about 120kg of live rock and 2 inchs of sand on bottom with a sump full of the deep sand bed too. Would the 200litre be to small then. That a massive job other wise but would prob be best way to go. Only got a large toadstool and a red nobble star in there plus fish so tgey wont be a problem to move.

Will take go through a mini cycle if i get die off from sand rocks etc. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom