Pulsing xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got some pulsing Xenia about 2 months ago and they had been full of life and really extended.

Then I moved a torch coral close by and suddenly everything change and the retracted and stayed closed. So I moved the Xenia to the opposite end of the tank and still it seems to struggle to open up. Does it just take time?
Or should I be checking my ph or other parameters.
Any help would be great thanks.

Did the torch sting the xenia? I put a torch near my xenia just to settle them down so they dont tank over the tank. If they did get stung it may take a few days to recover

No they weren't in contact probably about 3 inches or so away from one another. Not sure if at night time this would be too short of a distance apart?

Its hard to say if that was enough distance without seeing the coral. My torch gets about 1/4 of my 75 gallon. Each tentacle is about 4-5 inches long so it has a very good reach. I dont put anything near it unless its a frog spawn or hammer coral. Anything else probably cant handle the sting.

And do you think they will recover. They open and close but just not as much as they had done before I moved the other. I hate that torch coral kills everything in site. Lol

Yeah they should recover. They are pretty hard to kill. I scrap mine of with a razor every couple of months and they still come back. I really enjoy torch coral. They just have a good sting. And a lot of other corals can be pretty aggressive also so you just have to really watch what you put where.

Back
Top Bottom