Pulsing Xneia might be dieing?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SassyAngel111

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a pulsing xneia (sp) that has not been opened for about a week now after I had done a pwc.

Nitrates stay around 5 - 10ppm
Amn. 0
Nitirtes 0
Phos. 0
ph 8.00 can not get this any higher without adding additives
Sal. 1.021 using a deep six meter
Cal. 390 little low useing the salifert test
alk 2.86 useing the salifert test
but I also have a kenya that is doing good
I will try to post a pic later today if that will help
TIA

It might very well be that if you slowly raise your salinity level to 1.025, you will get the ph to come up a bit. That is rather low for corals, ok for fish, but corals prefer it a tad saltier. More mix would equal more of the buffering too.

don't do it all at once....raise it slowly or you will have problems.

I would just use SW for your top off water for a while. If you have alot of water evaporating then partial amount SW. Probably no more than a quart a day or two.

Just use your hydometer to make sure it is not going up to fast. If it is then top off with FW for a few days. You`ll be able to tell.

No once it gets to about 1.024 -1.025 start using all FW for top offs. I`m guessing that is your question.

No what I need to know is when I make up the top off water what should I mix the sal. to? should I go to 1.023- to 1.025 or higher with the top off water.

As long as it is higher what you have in your tank right now. Those two examples will be OK

Back
Top Bottom