Pulsing Zenia Dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie

Aquarium Advice Freak
All my corals look good except two. The pulsing Zenia has been shriveling up for awhile and looks like its almost dead. My orange Carnation, which was put under an overhanging rock, just droops over most of the time. Never seems too robust.

I do a 13% PWC weelky with Reef Crystals. and the water parameters seem normal. Any guesses why these two corals don't seem to be making it?

I'm goint to move this to the sick fish/corals section.

Water parameters are fairly constant at these levels:

Temp 78
SG 1.021
PH 8.4
Amm 0
Nitri 0
Nitra 0
Alk 2.5 meq/l
Phosp 0
Calcium 270 mg/

** My calcium is closer to 400 when tested at the LFS - however thsi is what I always get on my IO testing kit

** Not sure what the Alk should be but this is the reading I get on my IO kit

As stated previously, I do a 13% PWC w/ Reef Crystals weekly and occasionally change more water when working on the tank.

I've only had this tank running for about 9 months, so I'm still learning.

i also hve a pulsing Zenia and i think it might be in a spot in my tank that it gets to much current also. i see it fold up at least a few times a day for a few mins then pop back out. it mostly does it when lights come on and off and then mabey once in the day. so i am thinking it might be getting to much current. i am going to move it to a different spot today and see what happens. but from what i read they are corals at can just some times die for no reasons. wild ones do much worst then the ones grown in tanks. thats just from what i have read. good luck

I have xenia in 2 of my tanks. I have some in my 5g nano and some in my 72g. The xenia in my nano is in very low flow and is doing excellent. The xenia in my 72g is in high flow and is also doing excellent!

Back
Top Bottom