QT question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Notafan21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Last week I bought an algae blenny and a yellow angel. I put them in QT, both were shy, hiding in the PVC pipes. They both ate, but not very much. I assumed that this behavior was because of stress, however when I woke up this morning the yellow angel was dead. He showed no signs of parasites or any other illness. I tested my water, Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrates 5, temp 78, salinity 1.024 and pH 8.2.
The algae blenny seems to be behaving normally, no signs of illness. The question is should I extend the QT period for the blenny since there was a death in the tank?

Thats really wierd. I would do a couple pwcs on the QT and then go as planned. Hopefully something with more QTing expertise will chime in.

Actually that is not so weird most fish sw fish are caught using poisons some fish don't ever recover fully from it. Angelfish are one that don't recover very well that is why there are so many unexplained deaths 3 to 6 months after getting them.

Personally I would probably extend the qt at least one week. Make sure you give the blenny herbivore food mine tends to eat anything but the algae in the tank so I make sure I feed it herbivore food.

Back
Top Bottom