Quarantine help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Missjmeide

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had my fish in quarantine and have been treating them with instant ocean lifeguard for the past four days. Tomorrow will make five days. On the box, it says to treat for only five days. O don't think that's long enough. Also, the damsel's side and bottom fins are slightly
Frayed but not discolored. The fraying
Grows back in a couple days though. Do I need to do a water change? Comments about lifeguard??

I've never used that product sorry.....But I would discontinue the treatment when it's said to. I keep my fish in the QT tank for 2 weeks to make sure nothing has hitched a ride in on the fish. lol

Do you have any gravel in the qt tank? Is there anything that the fish could be rubbing into that is fraying it? Or maybe the other fish in the qt are the cause? What fish do you have in there, just a single damsel?

I'm not quite sure why he is frayed then, unless of course the two fish are bickering in the qt LOL. I would leave them in qt for another week or so anyway so you should be able to see if it's the fish or if it goes away. Plus you can make sure they don't have ich or something else.

Sorry I can't be more of a help :)

Back
Top Bottom