question about a duncan coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
so yesterday i purchased a duncan coral from my LFS it was under MH lighting on the bottom of the tank right now its in my 45 gallon tank directly in the middle of the tank under a solar max HO 2 t5 bulbs its fully opened tentacles out and beautifully blowing in the water my question is the only difference is i noticed it lost a little of its green color, am i burning the coral? this is my first coral so i am not to knowledgeable on them is it ok where it is, like i said its fully opened doesn't seem to be a problem i just want to make sure i am not cooking it

Post a picture so people can get a better idea if you can

I have duncan in a tank with t5 lights and in a tank with MH lights both are doing fine. I do know the flow has a lot to do with them being happy. One really likes to have stronger flow than the other.
Duncan Coral

Also... corals will shift their colors as they acclimate themselves to their new home. I've never had a coral that I've purchased stay the same exact color from when I've purchased it, to 3-4 months after it's been in my tank.

I doubt you're cooking it, and if it's fully opened sounds like the flow is OK.

Back
Top Bottom