Question about QT and ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive had my main tank up for 2 years and no ick. recently added some corals and saw 2-3 small specs of what i thought was ick. Questions....
1) how long should I wait to see if it was ick or not? Only the regal had 3 spots on him. Its been almost a week and no more spots.
2) on a qt tank, I traded up from a 20 gallon to a 30 gallon. how many small to med fish can I keep in there for qt and or treatment?
3) if I were to have to catch the regal (2 inches), damsel, perc, and velvet dottieback, would it be better to qt just them and leave my tank fallow for 6-8 weeks AND add new fish at the same time to the QT or wait?
4) has anyone treated a tang with cupramine and been successful? I have treated my tang once before and he was fine. I assume if I have to do it again he will be fine again?
5) when doing a qt, is having a HOB filter enough of a source for the water to be oxygenated? I normally have put a bubble maker in the water as well...
Thanks

If its been a week and you havent seen more than just three speks I would lean aganst it being ich.

Fish
I hope your right. I will have dodged 2 bullets concerning ick if your right. I think Im going to wait 4-6 weeks to make sure nothing shows up and then go from there. Whats weird is I was about to add 2 new fish when this happened...oh well, as long as my little buddies are ok thats all that matters!

Back
Top Bottom