Question on Green Carpet anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

comets55

Aquarium Advice Regular
Greeting all,

My girlfriend is facing some problem on her Green Carpet anemone. She had it for about 4 months without any problem. However, the past 1 week the weather around her house is about 91 degree F (33 degree Celsius).

Her carpet is starting to change its color from Dark Green to Pale Faded Light Green. Can anyone tell me what happen to it and how can we bring it back to normal?

I also attached the before/after photos. Many thanks guys!

*1st pix: 4 months ago
*2nd pix: 2 wks ago
*3rd pix: 1 wk ago
*4th pix: today

Attachments

• image-3211828243.jpg
    image-3211828243.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 138
  • image-3970882165.jpg
    image-3970882165.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 149
  • image-1297675771.jpg
    image-1297675771.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 144
  • image-4065224814.jpg
    image-4065224814.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 133
Also, noticed 3 different pairs of clown fish, 2 pair of occy in the first and a pair of tomato in the third. How many clowns are hosting this thing??? You should have a max of 2 per tank. Just an observation.

Rosesrblu1 said:
Also, noticed 3 different pairs of clown fish, 2 pair of occy in the first and a pair of tomato in the third. How many clowns are hosting this thing??? You should have a max of 2 per tank. Just an observation.

I see 5 clowns in first pic.. :/

ccCapt said:
It's bleaching from insufficient lighting. What kind of lighting does the tank have?

^^^This.

If you count the 2 cinnamon clowns in the other pics then its 7 clowns.... Just an observation, still 5 is too many.

I dont think the OP cares that he has a bad number of clowns in his tank... Multiple people have told him this in a differant thread and he obviously didnt listen. Its annoying when people dont listen to given advice

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I dont think the OP cares that he has a bad number of clowns in his tank... Multiple people have told him this in a differant thread and he obviously didnt listen. Its annoying when people dont listen to given advice

Ah i see. Well, hopefully the nem isn't lost to poor judgment (lighting) also. To OP, taking some good advice will get you ahead of the game, your playing catch up now.

somethingsfishy said:
Of eight posts, three said something about his clown population and only one addressed his question. He's not coming back.

I think the first post addresses the problem. Carpet nems require some of the highest lighting and the pictures suggest insufficient lighting.

The picture of the 5 mixed clowns is very striking and it deserves just as many comments imo because 5 clowns is probably a bigger problem than the bleaching nem. If there is only the 2 cinnamon's now then great, but i dont think u can blame anyone for pointing out the 5 is overboard.

somethingsfishy said:
Of eight posts, three said something about his clown population and only one addressed his question. He's not coming back.

Multiple clowns hosting can also stress the animal. All good advice imo

Hi all, sorry for late reply.

Just to clarify on clowns population in our tank, On first picture 4 months ago, my girlfriend had 6 clowns all together. However, we listen to all of you guys valuable comments and we separate them all. Now, only a pair of Cinnamon Tomato Clown is in the tank with a Green Carpet Anemone.

For the lighting, we use T5HO of white color x 2 bulbs and T5HO of blue x 2 bulbs. Is this enough?

Depends on the dimensions of the tank, I'd think. What size is it?

I'd say it's not enough, but I don't know all the fancy ways to work it out. Just my opinion.

Well good news about the clowns but unfortunately its not enough light for a carpet nem, especially if your light does not have individual reflectors which im guessing it does not have.

Individual reflectors are important in T5 lighting, and you wont find them on most cheap fixtures.

Yes but having that many in the first place couldve stressed the anemone just as much. So its all great advice.

We are using Odysea T5HO lighting with white x 2 bulbs, blue x 1, pink x 1. However, I believe the reflector may not be as good as the expensive one, but our tank is only 18" dept.

Not sure Odysea is a popular brand, but here in Thailand, I got 24" size but can stretch to 30" for USD70. All others brands are going over USD 150 @ up.

Back
Top Bottom