Radiant Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vague

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey just wondering if anyone has experience with these guys? I bought one the other day and he isn't doing well... I only have a little yellow tail damsel in the tank no aggression from him that has been noticed but he looks tore up... I'm wondering if it's my substrate I have crushed coral could it be tearing him up as he burrows? I know some are sensitive to this and some aren't I had a melanarus with no problems he burrowed great and I couldn't find anything online that stated a sensitivity to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wrasses bury themselves crushed coral isn't a ideal sub-straight for a wrasse as it will cut him up like broken glass, sand would be a better choice as its softer for the wrasse and easier for him to bury himself in , I would suggest you QT the wrasse till he heals up and you get rid of the crushed coral and replace it with sand

OK thank you for your help that's what I was thinking the problem was I had looked online knowing that that was a potential issue for some wrasses but perhaps it really is an issue they all share some of them maybe just more prone to it than others I don't know but at any rate thank you

This would be a issue for all sand dwellers not just wrasses , crushed coral is like shards of broken glass , This would not only effect wrasses but gobys , blennies , jaw fish , ect .
the list goes on ,

Ok good to know thanks

Back
Top Bottom