RBTA can't tell if it is sick or normal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh...I meant I wonder if it was possibly leaching something. Inverts are pretty sensitive to that sort of thing. If it's gotten better, then I would just wait and see.

Ohh okay, I never thought of the rock causing it. But it looked that same sort of way once before and it was in a completely different spot. So idk.

I may have jumped the gun but I would rather jump the gun then be too late to react.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I guess time will tell.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414103098.428864.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414103113.784587.jpg

Updated pictures of tonight.

Are you sure there's enough flow in there? Are the tentacles moving around? How about the surface....does it appear turbulent?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414193887.747335.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414193894.276579.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414193899.857622.jpg

This is how it looks tonight.

Tons of flow, I have 4 power heads. Two on at all times alternating every half hour.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414194027.872423.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414194040.222719.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414194048.113169.jpg

This is what the water looks like...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414194077.468530.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414194106.243151.jpg

The nem ended up in the bottom right corner of the tank.

Although I disagree with the whole 1 year thing, your tank is not ready. If you want to ride it out, you can try. Buy some red sea test kits and bump up your waterchanges. Don't move him unless you absolutely have to.

Also, you can get suitable lights for 250$ shipped. Just get 3 165W full spectrum lights of eBay. They are like 80$ shipped now I believe.

I wish you the best of luck.

I actually did move it to a higher flow area, and he is doing spectacular now. Has not looked bad since the move, and finally ate.

Thanks for all the advice everyone

Just an update:ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414515836.018702.jpg

Nem is looking great in his new home, now for him to grow and hopefully host those clowns

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415074900.815788.jpg

New update:

The Nem has bounced back incredibly and has not had an issue since moving to high flow area.

Good to hear. I wish you the best of luck. Make sure you get new lights soon. A bleached anemone sucks, trust me. Mine is finally recovering after a lot of mothering.

Yes lights will be coming just gotta save up! Lol

Anyone got any tips to get clowns to host? They get a tad closer than in the picture but not much

Yes lights will be coming just gotta save up! Lol

Anyone got any tips to get clowns to host? They get a tad closer than in the picture but not much

You can't. They will both do what they want. There are rumors out there about taping a picture of clowns hosting an anemone working...but there isn't any real proof behind that. I tried it but it didn't work. Eventually, mine found and were accepted by the anemone...but sometimes they never seem to care about the relationship in other systems. Depends on the fish.

Lol the picture thing is funny. They've been together for about two weeks so maybe still testing the waters. I'll just wait and watch :)

Salifert test kits for alkalinity and calcium, and you can use a reef master test kit from API for the rest.

Back
Top Bottom