Reef Help.....Quick could be an emergency. Please Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ogden10

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so this morning I noticed that one of my bta had moved close to my toadstool mushroom and could be stinging it. I tried to move it but it was to attached, as was the mushroom (big b the way). So I took a piece of live rock and put it between them to stop the contact. Thought that was the best I could do.

So just finished eating and looked at the tank and noticed there was a TON of these spiderweb like things floating all over and covering the other corals. I put a net in and tried to scoop some out and litterally came out with a net full of like clear gelatanous goop. I keep scooping what I could and it seems to be coming off the toadstool. I can not move either one, and in the process of trying to move the anemone I popped it, so not sure if it will live or not.

Anyway what do I do?????? Is everything going to die, do I do water changes, no worries or what......

Thanks

Sounds like your toadstool was shedding, this is a normal response to being irritated. I would do a water change and watch your water quality with the injured anemone but he should recover from the puncture.

even with the weird clear gel, and I mean gel, like filling the net, bending the handle gel?

decided to turn off the lights last night to let everyone mellow and retract. This morning it is hard to tell but stuff looks not so great. I am going to work on some water changes today and see what happens. Both the toadstool and the anemone look really not so good, but I guess time will tell. I still can not figure out how to move either one so I have a rocl kinda sitting on the BTA so she is not stinging the toad, and I sure this is not condusive to her healing up, but what to do????

Thanks for the help

I used my hand to move my BTA. I put my finger tips at the foot and gently roll them and it will eventually let go a little. I then just continually pull it up a little at a time until it is lose. It was stinging me the whole time but it does not hurt. Some people are allergic to there stings so be careful or use rubber gloves. I did not use gloves so I could feel what I was doing so I would not pinch or damage the BTA. If you do have to use gloves try using the thin examination gloves so you will still be able to tell what you are touching.

not afraid to touch it at all, in fact tried for a long time to move it. The problem is it is so attached down inside a crevice in the live rock and I can not even get to the base of the foot. I moved the powerheads today to blow it the other way and hope it will move. If not I will have to take the rock out of the water until it detaches, problem is the Toadstool is attached to the same rock, which is a large shelf, on the bottom of the other 100 + pounds of live rock......what a disaster. So thought that my BTA split was so cool at first, now not so sure.

K

Back
Top Bottom