Regal Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catchndolphn

Aquarium Advice Regular
I introduced a new regal tang into my tank about a week ago, when introduced he had a white spot on his tail, since then that has gone away, but the tang has been acting funny lately, hes been laying down on the rock or in holes and not moving for a few minutes at a time, then he goes back out like nothing was wrong, is this normal activity, or any advise on what i should do?

I dont know. It could ce several reasons. When I go to my LFS I`ll see some fish laying down under some rocks and they are OK but if he has ick or not getting enough oxygen then they will too. Give us your water check results. According to your info this is a 20 gallon tank? If it is then you dont have anywhere close to the right size tank. Maybe your info just needs to be updated

Regal tangs will lay flat and will also wedge themselves in rocks to rest. It sounds like that is what it is doing. I would continue to watch for signs of ich, just in case. This species is prone to getting it easily.

yeah i havent updated info, its in a 100gall tank w/ a 30gallon sump. sounds like what it is doing hara. its gotten into some tight places, as far as the white spot, its cleared up, im running a 9watt uv steralizer and i have a cleaner shrimp.

Oh OK I did not know. You might want to update that. I agree with Lisa as I have seen that with regal tangs. But keep an eye out.

Back
Top Bottom