Rose anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrmarine

Aquarium Advice Freak
my rose anenome i got yesterday doesnt look to good and i have 2 tomato clowns
1 just swims around and looks cute and the other hostes my grande flower pot coral
as you may know at night flower pot corals retract so my clownfish swims around a little before he sleeps
he just noticed the rose anenome and wont leave its side he is rubbing it nudging it and its sad becausethe anenome looks almost dead

does anyone know why an anenome might look like hes turning himself inside out??

thanks in advance 4 the help

Mr. Marine

What kind of lighting do you have? Most bubble tips require very strong fluorescent lighting or MH's. What's the tank chemistry like? Did you acclimate it slowly to the new tank conditions?

I have some strong pc's and how slowly do u mean??
i did let sit for 30 min then add water then let sit for15 then add the let 5 min and insert

Acclimation is a relative thing. If you get a coral/fish at your LFS and their water chemistry and temp is the same as yours then very little acclimation is needed. Its always wise to check the temp, pH and salinity of the water your livestock comes with to see how different it is from your tankwater. If the LFS water is 78 degrees with a pH of 7.9 and a salinity of 1.021 and you tank is 83 degrees with a pH of 8.4 and a salinity of 1.025 then you will want to acclimate a little longer. Either way it sounds like you acclimated pretty well to the water. Do you know what kind of lighting it was under before you got it. Did it look healthy, had it been feeding at the LFS? I'm by no means an anemone expert, just touching on some general things here...HTH

my gosh i just went and looked at the anenome and he is starting to puuuf up and the clownfish is rubbing in it like no other hope the anenome keeps looking ok

Mr. Marine

Back
Top Bottom