Rose BTA problems help with pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PowderBlueTang245

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anemone looks weird help had the nem for a month clown has been hosting it for a week now amm 0 trite 0 trate 100 ...i know ...it doesnt bubble anymore

Well, the nitrates at 100 would be my first guess without knowing anything else about your system. Anemone need perfect water conditions, so nitrate being 0. What kind of lighting do you have?

Well, the nitrates at 100 would be my first guess without knowing anything else about your system. Anemone need perfect water conditions, so nitrate being 0. What kind of lighting do you have?

Marine land double bright leds

Agreed that nitrates are causing the problem but also those Marineland lights unfortunately are no way near strong enough to support your nem :(

Yeah, those marine land lighting units look nice but they just don't put out the power necessary to support an anemone. I would suggest either returning the light for one more potent, either a t5ho unit with 4 or more bulbs (personally wouldn't try without 6 depending on tank size), mh unit, or an led fixture that is roughly 3 watts. If your lfs doesn't carry anything or is out of budget look up the taotronics led fixtures, up on amazon and eBay. They will support the anemone.

If this is not an option, of suggest returning the anemone.

Those Double Brights won't even support mushrooms. Only good for Freshwater or FOWLR tanks

And their Reef Lights aren't any better. OK, they're better, but still not good enough for a reef tank

Back
Top Bottom