Rose BTA turned white

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a smallish RBTA in my Biocube 29. It had an anemone crab that was bonded with it, so I took that too. I put it in a spot with good flow and lighting and immediately moved. It moved under a rock, so I let it be for awhile. It finally came out, but over the last few weeks it's turned white. The crab has not left it since I got it either. It looks healthy. It's open and seems to be eating. The lighting is a retrofit LED kit. There is 28 Luxeon 3w LEDS. I have them set to around 50%. Any ideas?

How are your water parameters? Is the tank new? Aside from lighting poor water conditions can make a nem bleach, any fluctuations in temp, salinity, high nitrates are no good for nems. I had a nem bleach after I had a friend look after my tank when I was away and they were topping off with saltwater, the rise and rise in salinity caused it to bleach and it took months for it to recover. I started feeding it once a week during that time and just focused on stable water conditions for its recovery. I hope that helps!

You put in a good spot with flow!!! They don't like fast or slow current as far I know? Put him where you have no flow see if that helps

Back
Top Bottom